Sunday, April 14, 2013

Tanda of the Week 07 / 2013 - Juan D'Arienzo y Jorge Valdez


I don't play much of 50's vocal D'Arienzo, if any. Sometimes the exception has been songs with Jorge Valdez, rather than Alberto Echagüe, Armando Laborde or Mario Bustos. There's something about his softer but versatile use of his voice that appeals to me a lot more. However I'm always a bit torn about which songs to choose. Often when Valdez gets played, the dj's choose the renditions of classics like "Adiós, corazón" (Spotify), "Hasta siempre, amor" (Spotify), or even "Nada más" (Spotify). For me, however, these fall into the category of "others did these better" and therefore the more unfamiliar songs put the D'Arienzo/Valdez combination in a much better light. I hope it's not just me trying to be different. "Destino de flor" however is quite suprisingly a better version (for me) than the version by Carlos Di Sarli with Roberto Florio (Spotify) .  
A shout-out for the inspiration to DJ Sebastian Alzogaray (BsAs/Berlin) who played a similar tanda last friday. He started also with "Destino de flor" and immediately got me giving random hand signs of great approval and appreciation while making my way to the dance floor.

-- EDIT: I posted this tanda originally with "Juan D'Arienzo y su Orquesta Típica – Diez Años" but after listening to the song for a few more times I decided to remove it. I rarely change any tandas I've posted but I thought this change was definitely for the better. And so "Hasta siempre amor" gets to start the tanda....

D'Arienzo, Juan - TOTW - Todo Tango tango.info - iTunes Store






0 kommenttia:

Post a Comment