Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Tanda of the Week 39/2010 - Juan D'Arienzo (instrumentals)

Download or listen Tanda of the Week 39/2010 - D'Arienzo


1. Juan D'Arienzo - "Canaro En Paris" 1950
2. Juan D'Arienzo - "Yapeyu" 1951
3. Juan D'Arienzo - "El Simpatico" 1951
4. Juan D'Arienzo - "El Puntazo" 1952

Ok I'll admit it. I played at the Tokyo Milonga last friday and I went a bit overboard with romantic tangos for some of the japanese dancers. What can I say? I'm a romantic guy, heh. So this tanda is for Japan. My personal favorite from the tanda is "Yapeyu". I usually tag songs with "uptempo" or "dramatic" and so on but this song was tagged with only one word and some exclamation marks: "BASS!!!!!". Oh and "El Puntazo" was tagged with "uptempo killer!". Somehow tags like this catch your eye better when scrolling through your library of tangos.

ps. I was asked to play again at the Tokyo Milonga on the 7th of October so one too many romantic tandas certainly wasn't too much for the organizer. Next time though I will focus more on the rhythmic strong tangos like in this tanda.

D'Arienzo, Juan - TOTW - Todo Tango tango.info - iTunes Store

0 kommenttia:

Post a Comment