Saturday, February 25, 2017

2017/08 - De Angelis & Attadia mixed instrumentals

www.frostbite.tango.fi


1. Alfredo De Angelis - "Mi dolor" 1957
2. Alfredo Attadía - "El negro Pintos" 1952
3. Alfredo Attadía - "El pensamiento" 1951
4. Alfredo De Angelis - "Cuando llora la milonga" 1952


https://open.spotify.com/user/anttiveikko/playlist/7wvaqg4fqGysliKGR7SSHWHey all! Sorry for my absence and not updating the blog in a looong time. I have been very busy with starting my studies of cultural management and organizing the Tango Frostbite festival in Helsinki. Now the festival is done and I thought I'd celebrate it also with a new blog post!

This is a tanda I've been playing on a few occasions since a long time. You could say it's one of those "secret tandas" that the DJ is not too eager to share with others, but I think it's time to give Alfredo Attadia recognition for these two great recordings featured in the tanda.

The more common options to play with "Mi Dolor" from De Angelis are "Pavadita", "Caminito", "El choclo", "El Once (A divertirse)" and possibly "El amanecer", all of which I added in the Spotify playlist for you to listen to.

I am not a great fan of De Angelis and these 50s instrumentals get a bit heavy and tiresome for me personally, and often find myself losing inspiration halfway a tanda of such songs. I found that I can mix in these two songs from Attadia, which are not as over the top, but still have similar qualities to De Angelis. The songs have a clear strong beat and you could say Attadia sounds like a more minimalistic version of De Angelis... These are also some of the only good quality instrumentals available from Alfredo Attadia to us mere mortals. I have seen some Japanese CDs of more recordings from the orchestra, but have failed to get one myself so far.

All the best,

Antti Suniala

De Angelis, Alfredo - TOTW - Todo Tango - tango.info - iTunes Store








10 kommenttia:

  1. Prefer using this techno pack for my dj mixes , what do u think about it?
    https://www.lucidsamples.com/techno-samples-packs/168-techno-elements.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Enthusiastic words written in this blog helped me to enhance my skills as well as helped me to know how I can help myself on my own. I am really glad to come at this platform.Promote on Spotify

    ReplyDelete
  3. What's up, I want to subscribe for this web site to get hottest
    updates, thus where can i do it please help.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Interesting post. I'm waiting for more ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you for sharing information, they will be useful for me in the near future

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello Everybody,
    My name is Mrs Sharon Sim. I live in Singapore and i am a happy woman today? and i told my self that any lender that rescue my family from our poor situation, i will refer any person that is looking for loan to him, he gave me happiness to me and my family, i was in need of a loan of $250,000.00 to start my life all over as i am a single mother with 3 kids I met this honest and GOD fearing man loan lender that help me with a loan of $250,000.00 SG. Dollar, he is a GOD fearing man, if you are in need of loan and you will pay back the loan please contact him tell him that is Mrs Sharon, that refer you to him. contact Dr Purva Pius, call/whats-App Contact Number +918929509036 via email:(urgentloan22@gmail.com) Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely blog. Thanks for sharing with us.This is so useful.

    ReplyDelete