1. Orquesta Pedro Maffia - "Anoche en el club" 1930
2. Orquesta Pedro Maffia - "Chique" 1930
3. Orquesta Pedro Maffia - "Angustia" 1930
4. Orquesta Pedro Maffia - "Largalo" 1930
"It is not known what secret gift made Pedro Maffia find in the core of the bandoneon sounds that nobody had discovered before. Oscar Zucchi [...] explains that until the second decade of the twentieth
century bandoneon players had a tendency to imitate the flute–gradually displaced in the early quartets- and the barrell organ with their instrument. After undergoing in his chilhood the frequent beating with a chain made by his brutal father, who forced him to beg money after each tango he played, Maffia was who delivered the bandoneon needed by this popular genre so to leave behind the playful Guardia Vieja [...] and turn serious, concentrated, fairly dreaming and frequently sad."
- Julio Nudler, TodoTango.com